🕒 Read Time: 3 Minutes
Thinking of selling during the Spring Market, but not sure when it’s too late to jump in? Here are some stats and local insights to consider:1. Realtor.com reports that homes in Boston listed during the 2nd week in April get 19% more views, and are on the market 30% fewer days than any other week of the year!
2. Zillow says you get the highest sale price (a $5,500 bump) if you list your Boston area home during the 2nd week of May.
[Check out homes RIGHT NOW that are in your local market!]
3. In practice, slow periods in the Spring tend to center around holidays (Easter & Mother’s Day Weekend) and of course the rainy weather.
4. Once we hit Memorial Day Weekend the momentum of the Spring Market has generally died out, though there still may be a couple of good weeks in June if the Spring Market started late in that particular year.
👉 [Our Spring Market was more up & down due to a rainy April
and Easter coming later than previous years!]
5. As a Seller, if you’re looking to hit the Spring Market, we would recommend listing no later than mid May to get the maximum benefit from a “spring bump” in your sale price!
6. As a Buyer, waiting until after the Spring Market has died down could mean a slightly less hectic experience.
Curious about how much your home is worth? Are you ready to start buying or selling a home this year? Fill out the form below to get in touch!